Thursday, February 1, 2007

Jordanelle Again!

I had a little time to spare on Thursday so JJ and I decided we might as well make a quick evening trip up to Jordanelle again. We got a late start and made it to the lake with about an hour and a half of day light left. We decided to walk out to the same spot we went last time, up against the big rock outcrop on the north side of the rock cliff arm Right around the buoys. The fish finder started blowing up as soon as I put it down my ice hole. We were fishing in 15 feet of water and there were fish at all depths. I made my first drop down with a small white tube jig tipped with a meal worm and BAM! First fish of the trip a Utah Sucker. Two seconds later JJ had one on and pulled in the first Rainbow of the trip. The hits continued and I pulled in my second fish. What do you know another sucker. Then JJ pulls in his second fish and what do you know it was a Rainbow. This continued until I had caught four suckers and JJ had three trout. We were fishing with the same baits and were only 10 ft. away from each other. What a weird trip! The worst part is that for our ice fishing tournament my friends and I do, suckers, carp, and chubs don't count! So Chris took home a big fat zero to put down on the fishing chart this trip. Oh well! Once it got dark we took off and we forgot the camera so no pics this trip.

No comments: