Friday, April 11, 2008

Weekend of Boating!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: approx. 10:00 to 2:00 each day
Weather: Friday-cold, windy Sat.-warmer, windy Sun.- Perfect
Water Temp:51-54
Who Went: Cari, JJ, John, Me
Friday:
With the new boat ready to go, we took it to Utah Lake three times this weekend. I know it sounds excessive, but I loved every minute of it! The first trip was me and JJ. We both had a half day off so we decided to go for it! The weather had other ideas! When we got to the lake the wind was nasty! The swells were hanus and the breeze was cold! Normally I would say okay lets go home, but not when you have a brand new boat to break in! We lasted about 1 hour tops, before I got frustrated enough to call it a day!
Saturday:
Cari and I took it to Utah Lake to test our luck! We had a little better weather with the temps going up, but the wind hadn't quite died down all the way.Cari relaxed and layed out on the back with the stereo playing, while I washed every piece of tackle I had trying to catch anything that would bite! Nothing ever did. Not even a bite! Cari is enjoying our new toy though, and she's excited for the weather to warm up so we can go more often!

Sunday:
The weather forecast was listed at 70+ degrees, so I decided to test my luck again. JJ and John joined in on the adventure. It definitely started off as an adventure when I forgot to put the plug in the boat! I went to gun it outside of the harbor and it felt like I had an elephant in the back of the boat! I instantly realized what I had done! I hauled butt all the way back into the harbor, with people screaming and flipping me off due to the wakeless area. I tossed the keys to John and said run! We loaded the boat back on the trailer and then waited for 15 minutes while it drained. Whew! Man it took on water fast! I think it only takes once to learn that lesson! After the show we put on in the harbor, we were off. It turned out to be one of the most beautiful days I have ever seen on Utah Lake! The wind never came up and it was definitely above 70 degrees! We headed straight over to Saratoga Springs Boat Harbor to try our luck for some early bassin. There were about 4 other bass boats in there and I never saw a fish landed, including us! We decided with how nice of a day it was that we would
go try and find some kitty cats and relax in this gorgeous weather! We tried 3 or 4 spots and JJ had on our only fish all day but couldn't quite get the hook in it! It was a beautiful day but the fishing was sloooooooooow! We talked to quite a few different people that also caught nothing! What an eventful weekend! Can't wait to do it all over again. Oh and the boat is AWESOME!!!

No comments: