Friday, November 7, 2008

Fishing with the Old Man

Fishing Time: 10:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, cold, windy, 40's
Who Went: Dad, Me
I finally talked the old man into making a trip to Strawberry with me and we were right on time getting to the lake at 10:30 a.m. (old man time!) Not ideal, but being with my dad made up for it! We started out at the mouth of the narrows and this is where the catching began. I started it off with a couple Cutthroats that were small but they got us on the board! My dad followed by catching a nice 18-19 inch Rainbow, but couldn't quite get it in the boat for a photo. This area started to get slow and windy, so we moved back into the narrows and found a nice point just off a deep cove. We were able to put a few more Cutthroat in the boat including this battle with my dad vs. Cutthroat!


Then we moved into the back of the cove where I instantly hooked up with a nice 17 inch Rainbow. It was the nicest Rainbow I have caught at the Berry since my 7 pound bruiser that I caught 3 years ago!

As I was reeling in this rainbow I noticed it had a follower. It was another Rainbow that I would guess was around the 5 pound mark. This got us excited and we spent the next 2 hours throwing everything we could think of at it trying to catch it! We came up empty handed and finally gave up and went back to catching Cutthroats. I think my dad had a good time and caught a few nice fish.
It's always fun when you get to fish with your dad and I hope I can get him out again!

No comments: