Sunday, June 12, 2016

Mud Cat Bonanza

Fishing Time:  1200 PM to 3:00 PM
Weather:  Hot, sunny, T-90s
Moon Phase:  50% Moon
Location:  Utah Lake (Provo Boat Harbor)
Best Bait: Worm underneath a slip bobber
Who Went:  Dad, Devin, Addison, Dayton, Dunc
Cari was busy and I had a day alone with the kids, so I called up my dad and took him and the little ones down to the Provo Boat Harbor at Utah Lake to waste a few hours doing what I love.

We were hoping to find some big channel catfish, but only the bullhead catfish wanted to play.  No worries.  The kids just wanted to catch a fish, and they caught plenty.  The bite was hot and the kids were catching them all by themselves.  They would watch that bobber like a hawk and once they saw it go down it was fish on.  We had a bucket full of catfish in no time.  I laughed as the kids would brag to everyone who docked their boats, of how good of fishermen they are.  They were kings of the fishing world for a few hours. 

It was great to have my dad out there with us as well.  He struggled a bit in the hot sun, but I think he enjoyed seeing the kids have so much fun catching fish.  Even if they were just little mud cats.  I remember the days when my dad would take me to do the same thing.  He taught me my love for fishing and I hope I can pay it forward with my kids!  What a fun day.

No comments: