Sunday, November 27, 2016

Sunday Drive

Bobber and I snuck out of the house for a few hours to take a drive and look around at some old haunts and look for some possible new ones.  At the end of the day not many casts were made, except at one small tributary into Utah Lake that has previously produced a lot of fish in years past during this time of year.
However, Utah Lake was tough this year, due to extremely low water and I'm afraid it may have caused some long term damage to the fishing.  The water is still extremely low and our honey hole did not produce like it has in the past.  I didn't fish Utah Lake much at all this year due to low water and it started growing algae that actually affected the secondary water for many residents of Riverton City, including me. I couldn't water my lawn for a few weeks.  Hopefully we get some good snow pack this year to refill the lake, but the damage may already be done.

No comments: