Sunday, December 3, 2017

Another trip to El Capitan Reservoir

Fishing Time: 8:30 AM to 1:00 PM
Weather: Sunny, calm, T-70s
Moon Phase: Full Moon
Location: El Capitan Reservoir
Best Bait: Live shiner on a size 2 mosquito hook with a 1/4-ounce split shot weight 2 ft above the hook.
Who Went: Dunc
Another week and another trip to El Capitan Reservoir.  This trip I decided to try a different type of live bait.  Crawdads!  I know using live bait is a bit of a cheat, but it’s against the law where I live and they work so well!  Plus, it’s really fun!  I’m not into the etiquette of fishing or have to much pride to only use plastics and lures.  I want to catch a big bass while I’m in San Diego and I feel this is my best chance.  Anyway, off my soap box…

The crawdads looked so cool swimming in the water, but to be honest, they didn’t work.  Not on this trip.  It was still all about the live shiners.  I only landed a few on this outing, and I’m still searching for the big bite!  Either way it was a nice day on the water.  So. Cal is heading into the winter slow down, so the bass fishing is starting to slow down, but to even be fishing for bass in December is awesome!  I think it’s time to leave the comfort of El Cap and try some new waters… 
I also found a friend on this trip.  He was looking for a handout and was literally trying to climb onto my flippers.  I knew San Diego was known for beggars, but I didn't know the ducks were in on it as well, haha!

No comments: