Saturday, March 10, 2007

First Trip with no ice!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Weather: sunny, cold, 40's

Well its gotten really warm all of the sudden in early March so ice fishing just didn't sound like to much fun. So I grabbed the long pole and headed to Utah Lake where the ice has just melted. It was a beautiful day with no clouds in the sky. I wanted to see if I could get anything to bite. I forgot my brand new camera that I got for my birthday so no pics. Bummer! But I only managed to get one fish to play with me anyway. The fish that I did catch though surprised me for this time of year. It was a 14 inch Largemouth Bass. I caught it on a drop shot rig with a live worm. That is the earliest into the year I have ever caught a Largemouth before. Cool!

No comments: