Monday, May 19, 2008

I-80 Ponds

Fishing Time: 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Weather: Warm 80's
Who Went: Johnny Leech, Me

One of my new fishing buddies, John, or Johnny Leech as I call him, had never fished the I-80 Pond before but had heard all my stories about it to the point of nausea! Well today was the day that he could make his own judgement. I warned him that it was still not the best time to fish here til June, but with the warm spell we have been having that we should be okay. He went out and purchased a float tube specifically to fish the pond so I was hoping it would not let him down. I started out throwing a Roboworm in green pumpkin/oxblood, while John put on his newly ordered live leeches (hence the name). I started things off with a nice 3 pounder and proved to Johnny Leech that they are in there! He didn't need me to show him cause soon after he had on a really nice bass that came to the surface and was probably around 4 pounds. He almost had it lipped but the fishing gods gave him the cold shoulder and the big boy threw the hook! He was pretty bummed but I assured him there are many more in there just like it! I ended up catching a few more pushing three pounds and Johnny Leech was left with the worst fishing feeling in the world after losing a nice fish! That's the best part about fishing though, as long as you keep at it, there will always be another big boy in your future!

No comments: