Saturday, April 25, 2009

Pelican

Fishing Time: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy with some rain, 60's
Moon Phase: New Moon
Location: Pelican Lake
Bait: Senkos, roboworms, earthworms
Who Went: John, Me

My friend John is from back east and is used to catching big bluegills, so he has been begging me to take him somewhere he can catch some dinner plate sized gills. The best place I know is Pelican Lake, and we finally worked it out so we could day trip the 31/2 hour drive to get there. The weather forecast called for rain, but it was the only day we could do it so we went anyway! We lucked out on the rain as it stayed away until about 2 p.m and then we got drenched. My first four casts I landed 3 Largemouth and missed one hit! It looked like it was gonna be another Pelican type day. But, after landing my fourth bass it seemed to just die off! I worked hard the rest of the day to get to 10 largemouth all about this size.
John did get into a few bluegill but they didn't size up to the ones I have caught at Pelican in the past. The weather was a little cold and I think we were a little early for the true fish catching bonanza that Pelican can turn into. I regrettably didn't get many pictures and the joke of the day was that I told John we should take float tubes over the boat since its such a small lake you can hit every corner with a tube. Well, I have a short memory cause the lake is a lot bigger than I remembered, and you can see the storms we were trying to dodge all day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I found this blog is interesting...
___________________
DyanaDevis
Apply now Nation wide cash