Sunday, March 11, 2012

Back to the "Shoe"

Fishing Time: 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Weather: Breezy, high 50's
Moon Phase: 85% Moon
Location: Undisclosed. "The Shoe"
Water Temp: Approx. 70 deg.
Bait: Jigs, Spinnerbaits, drop shot, curly tail grubs
Who Went: Me
I had a couple hours to spare so I ran out to the desert to see if I could entice any of the bass to bite at the "Shoe". The action was nothing like last week when John and I hit it right at dark. It's a tiny little pond with crystal clear water that's fed by warm springs.The bass are active in the warm waters all year round, but if they see you it's all over and they won't bite. There are no bushes or trees to hide behind so fishing it unseen is very tough. I basically belly crawled to a casting point and began throwing the same spinnerbait that produced last week. Not even a bite! I switched up to a curly tail grub, but had the same results. I then tried pitching a jig, but they ran from that just like the others. Last resort was a drop shot rig and that got there attention, but still not enough to make them bite. This weekend was a complete largemouth bust!

No comments: