Saturday, June 13, 2015

A Good Day with my Boys

Fishing Time:  10:00 am to 11:30 am
Weather:  Sunny, clear, hot T-90s
Moon Phase:  10% Moon
Location:  Daybreak Pond - South Jordan
Best Bait:  Worm under a bobber
Who Went:  Devin, Dayton, Dunc

My wife took my daughter Addison to her sister’s house to go do girly stuff and left the boys at home, so naturally I thought, let’s go fishing!  The boys were stoked about it, so we loaded the car and went.  Dayton is still only 3 so I didn’t want to drag him very far, and it had to be somewhere he would catch fish, so we kept it real close to home and went to the pond out at Daybreak.  

The shorelines are lined with small bluegill that can’t seem to resist a worm.  I was a proud dad as I watched Devin (6 years old) making his own casts, setting the hook, and reeling in his own fish.
He told me that he liked catching these little ones much better than the big 3 pound largemouth he dragged in a few days ago, because these ones you can play with and hold.  Kids are funny.

I didn’t quite get Dayton to cast, set the hook, and reel one in all on his own, but he did do all three just not in succession.  He will get there.   
The boys had fun and so did I, but the 90 degree temps wore them out pretty quickly.  Nothing like watching your boys catch fish!

No comments: