Wednesday, April 29, 2020

Slow Fishing at South End of Utah Lake

Fishing Time: 8:30 am to 1:00 pm

Weather: Sunny, Warm, T-60s

Moon Phase:  88% Moon

Location: Utah Lake (Lincoln Boat Harbor)

Best Bait: Worm fished on the bottom

Who Went: Devin, Dayton, Dunc


A coworker invited me and my boys to fish with him at Utah Lake and told me he had a catfish honey hole.  We met him down near Lincoln Boat Harbor, but unfortunately it seemed the entire state wanted to fish Utah Lake the same day and all the shoreline spots were filled.  My coworker tried to battle the crowds, but my boys and I left and went back to the Lincoln Boat Harbor to get away from the crowds.

The fishing was stagnant, but I was able to land this little sunfish on a worm fished on the bottom, and  Dayton caught one white bass while casting a curly tail grub from the docks.



After an hour with no bites we hit the road but made a pit stop on the way at a small warm spring I just learned about in Saratoga Springs.  I’ve heard there are big largemouth bass in there, but it’s crystal clear and I never saw a bass.  However, it’s littered with little sunfish, so Devin was able to get off the skunk list.  Kind of a slow day of fishing, but it’s always good to get the boys out in nature.

No comments: