Sunday, January 14, 2007

Back to the Berry!

Round 3 at the berry for 2007 started a little different than any other ice fishing trip I had ever been on. It was 20 degrees below zero! Brrrrrrrr! For the first hour I could barely fish! I sat there at my ice hole only 200 yards west of the marina with my hands in my pockets and my nostrils and eyes almost frozen shut. Every breath felt like I was breathing ice crystals not air! It was the coldest fishing trip I can ever remember being on! Around 9 O'clock when mine and Dave's hands began to thaw Dave pulled in the first cutthroat of the day with this 21 incher. Dave ended the day with six cutthroat while I only managed to make it to three. Not many pictures were taken due to the weather. All fish caught were in 30 ft. of water right off the bottom using white or green tube jigs tipped with a minnow or chub.

No comments: