Saturday, December 22, 2007

Ice is on! Kinda!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Weather: clear, breezy,


Every year my friends and I are ice fishing the Berry the week before Christmas. This year it was open water. That didn't stop us though cause I knew that Mud Creek Bay at the Berry always froze earlier than the rest of the lake. I was right and it was frozen with about 4 inches of ice. The only problem is that I have never had much luck ice fishing in Mud Creek Bay. Well, today was no different! I put up the big number 0 and so did Newton! The only fish of the day went to Hunt with this good lookin Cutthroat. We threw a few different colors at them and I could see fish coming up to my jig on the fish finder but they never would hit! We had a good time though catching up with old friends and there will be plenty more good ice fishing trips to come in 2008!

No comments: