Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Tough Decisions

Fishing Time: 5:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, breezy, 80's
Water Temp: 70-73 degrees
Who Went: Phil, Me

My cousin Phil and I planned an evening trip to Jordanelle for some more smallie catching so I got the boat and everything ready to go. Then it happened! I got a phone call in the morning from my friend/Real Estate Agent, Dave. One of the homes we went and looked at that I really wanted was being pursued and we had to make a quick decision. Cari had still not seen the house so we had to get her approval before making an offer. With all this hoopla going on most fisherman would probably stay home. Not me! I met Phil as originally planned and told the wife if you like it, then get-er-done! Once fishing we immediately started getting hits and I landed the first one of the day while on the phone with Cari dealing with the house. After that the hits continued but the catching did not. We both had issues getting them into the boat. Phil finally started figuring it out and began putting a few in the boat including the nicest one of the trip at 17 inches and 2 pounds. He caught it in the nook by the dam.I caught a few here and there but missed 80 percent of my bites. Not sure if it was because of how small the fish were that I couldn't hook them or if it was because I was just stinking it up! Probably a little of both. We ended the day by catching a couple a piece off a rocky point then called it quits. I also ended it with a phone call from Dave saying that we are probably owners of a new house, and now residents of Riverton City. It was another beautiful night to be on the lake fishing, oh, and to buy a home.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Evening, Dunc, just came across your blog and had to drop a comment here. You have some great posts and pictures here. You certainly enjoy your fishing. I took the liberty to add your blog link to my blog site over at The Fishing Notebook. Actually, I am from Idaho, so we are almost neighbors. Stop by my blog and say hello!