Saturday, March 21, 2009

Here Walleye, Walleye, Walleye

Fishing Time: 6:30 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
Weather: no wind, clear skies, low 60's
Moon Phase: 24% moon
Location: Utah Lake
Bait: Curly tailed jigs for walleye and jig and trailer for bass
Who Went: Me

This makes the third trip in a row to Utah Lake in search of a walleye or largemouth bass, and again I left with nothing but the smell of skunk on my hands! I showed up to the lake in the dark, launched the boat in the dark, and this is what it looked like as I drove from American Fork Boat Harbor over toward the Lindon Boat Harbor by the old Geneva Steel Plant! Dark!
I fished in the dark for almost an hour with no bites. When it started to get light I got really bored fishing for walleye and decided to head to Saratoga Springs to see if I could land a largemouth bass instead! I caught nothing over there either! Utah Lake is kicking my butt! I did get this great pic as I left Lindon Boat Harbor to Head to Saratoga Springs. It was a beautiful day to be on the water and to get my mind off the stresses life sometimes brings!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photo's. Wish the fish had been more cooperative. Enjoy reading your posts on fishing down your way. I have your blog linked on my blog at Idaho Fishing Notebook. Drop by when you get a chance.