Saturday, March 7, 2009

How Bout That Ice?

Fishing Time: 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
Weather: Partly cloudy, breezy, high 40's
Moon Phase: 85% moon
Location: Utah Lake
Ice Conditions: No ice
Bait: Minnows and worms either under a bobber or off the bottom
Who Went: Me
Cari's baby shower was this weekend and I didn't have much to do on Saturday, so I got a few things done around the house and then went on a little drive to see how the ice on Utah Lake was doing. Of course I couldn't go without tossing a line in, so I threw in the long rods and away I went! First stop Lincoln Beach.... To my surprise the southern end of the lake is completely open. Bird Island looked like a little Antarctica out in the distance with all the ice that has been pushed over the top of it! I tossed a couple poles in off the Lincoln Beach Dike for about an hour but had no bites so I moved on.
I drove around West Mountain to Goshen Bay and stopped at one of my old Catfishing spots I used to frequent often. All of Goshen Bay was ice free and this is where I caught the only fish of the day. A wandering White Bass that couldn't resist a minnow lying just off the bottom.As I drove back home all I could think about was getting the boat out there as soon as possible! I did see some ice around Lindon Boat Harbor that didn't want to go away, but I don't think it will last another week! Next week could be boating time!

1 comment:

The Duncan's 365 said...

Sweetie I love your fishing blog, I think it is so neat that you do it. I really love this journal idea it is so you, and I know how you will love writing them :) I love you so much!!