Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Another Utah Lake Quickie

Fishing Time:  6:30 to 7:30 pm
Weather:  Stormy, very windy, T-50s
Moon Phase:  92% Moon
Location:  Utah Lake (Saratoga Springs Harbor)
Bait:  Jig/trailer (brown/black/charteuse)
Who Went: Me

I fished Utah Lake on the way home from Tooele tonight at the public Saratoga Bay Marina.  I drive by it on my way home every evening and have never fished it.  The weather was windy all day with scattered thunderstorms so I wasn’t expecting much.  I decided to use the same jig that brought me success at Lincoln Beach Harbor last week. 
I walked down to the bank of the harbor and instantly saw a tail surface that looked like a largemouth guarding a bed.  I casted out and within seconds I caught this chunky guy.

I continued casting for about 10 minutes and like a light switch the breeze changed to gale force winds.  It must have been 40 mph winds and I could barely even keep myself upright, so I called it a night.   

No comments: