Saturday, March 15, 2008

If It's Not Broken. Don't Fix It!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.
Weather: Cloudy, high 30's
Who Went: John, Me
With our successful pike trip last week, and no better options for this week, we went back to Redmond Lake. It was almost exactly the same story only this time I was off my game! I probably had seven or eight hits but only landed 3. John got off the skunk list and landed 1. He also missed a few hits. We got there earlier this week but the weather was much colder and we didn't start getting hits until the weather warmed a little. One thing I learned is that you have to make sure that the pike have totally taken the anchovy before you set the hook! I kept missing them when they would just drag my bobber around but not take it under! It took a lot of patience. I know four fish doesn't sound like a successful trip, but when your going after pike, four is not a bad day.

2 comments:

thepowerguides said...

great blog I wonder if Anchovy will work with our Northern , do you use Salted or in Liquid

cheers
steve

PS I love your blog even from all the way over the pond

Chris Duncan said...

They come in sealed packages, no salt, but there is liquid.