Saturday, March 22, 2008

Waiting For Warm Weather!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 11:00 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
Weather: clear, windy, 50's
Who Went: Me
Knowing that March is the toughest month of the year to find fish in any quantity (my opinion), I thought I would load up the float tube and head to Utah Lake in search of some quality fish, like an early Walleye or a big Kitty Cat. I got a late start and didn't get to the lake until 10:30 a.m. When I got there and looked out at the water, I could see white caps forming from the wind! This is not exactly tubing weather so I went for plan B. They have not let the gates go from Utah Lake into the Jordan River yet so i put on my waders (muddy), and walked the shoreline hoping to find something that would bite! I started catching Largemouth right off the rip, but they were all small.I also caught a decent sized Green Sunfish that slammed my black with blue sparkled, Gary Yammamoto, curly tailed jig.I tried switching colors and sizes trying to entice a possible walleye or bigger bass but it didn't happen! I did catch this small mud cat on a jig which was kind of different, but it happens once in a while! Come on warm weather!

No comments: