Sunday, February 7, 2016

Another Week in Paradise

Fishing Time:  Sporadic from Feb 1 to 7.  
Weather:  Breezy to windy every day, T-70s
Moon Phase: 1 to 45% Moon
Location:  Colorado River - Yuma, Arizona
Water Temp:  54 to 56 degrees
Best Bait:  Texas rigged senko - green pumpkin (1/8 oz weight)
Who Went:  Dunc

Another week and the fishing still seems a bit slow on the Colorado River.  I seem to catch 1 or 2 on each trip, but just can’t seem to find any real numbers.  The fish are all clones in the 2 pound range, but fight like there 5 pounders.  Every time I hook up I think I’ve finally landed the big one.  These river fish have some fight in them!  The photos get a bit boring when you’re by yourself every trip. But here is the weeks catch…

Still haven’t seen any fish in the shallows and all my success has come from the deep end of the docks working the bottom with a Texas-rigged senko.  I've tried using a spinnerbait on windy days, but still no bites.  You would think with temperatures in the high 70s to low 80s that the fish would be in the shallows by now, but the Colorado River water stays pretty cold.  The forecast for next week is mid to high 80s all week, so that might get the water temp up a bit, and hopefully the fish respond.  I leave you with another sunset from the water...

No comments: