Saturday, June 23, 2007

Back to the Pond!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Weather: sunny, 90's

Another good trip to the I-80 ponds with many more bass caught. I actually caught more nice bass today than any previous trip to the pond, but didn't land any monsters. Bass in the 15-16 inch class seemed to be everywhere! I was using my I-80 pond set up with a drop shot rigged with a power minnow in white and green sparkle. I probably caught anywhere from 15-20 bass with 10 being over 12 inches. I also had another weed diver! I was fighting a bass when it decided to do the dive straight to the pond floor and under about 3 feet of thick weeds. I had been down this road before so I knew exactly what to do. I held tight tension on my pole, waiting and wondering if this one would wiggle out like the last one caught like this. I was lucky enough that I had time to snap this photo of my rod tip and the tension kept on this fish before I landed him. You can see that I have some serious bend in my pole.Then just like my last similar predicament like this, the bass wiggled its way free and I lipped him just in time. Yet another good trip to the I-80 Pond with more to come I'm sure!













No comments: