Friday, June 1, 2007

I-80 Pond

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 6:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Weather: sunny, clear, 80's
With another Friday off I figured I would make a trip back to the I-80 pond. The fishing started off hot with a bunch of small bass wanting to play! I had a blast with these guys










and must of caught fifteen of them. As much fun as it was I wanted to catch something bigger, and I knew they were in there cause I have seen them swimming around the shoreline and have caught a few of them in the past. I was fishing with a earth worm when catching these dinky bass and the Bluegill were bugging me to death because they wouldn't leave it alone. I decided to go to something different in order to keep the Bluegill away and possibly the smaller bass too. I tried throwing a weightless senko but to no avail, then the magic bait was found! I threw on a fluke minnow and rigged it drop shot and instantly started catching bass again. Then it happened! I landed an 18 inch 2.5 pound largemouth. It was a brute and it is the biggest bass I have ever caught out of the I-80 pond. I left after catching this guy and figured it can't get any better than that! Here is a few pics of the big guy and also a pic of Lone Rock on the Great Salt Lake in which the I-80 Pond sits right next to.




2 comments:

Jacewardle said...

Hi what is the exact name of this pond? Is it the one just across the black rock surrounded by alot of vegatation?

Jacewardle said...

Email me with info please