Friday, June 15, 2007

First Largemouth!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 6:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Weather: sunny, clear, 90's

I got a phone call from JJ and he told me he wanted to go fishin. We tried to decide where to go and with many of the lakes fishing well right now it made the decision tough. should we hit Strawberry and go after the big trout, or Jordanelle where they are reporting some monster Smallies. Then you have Pineview where the Muskies are on fire! Not forgetting that with the temperature in the mid 90's that the Catfish at Utah Lake are probably going nuts! Its mid June which is when the fishing peaks for the year and most places are hot spots! With all these in mind we took a different approach and decided to find JJ his first Largemouth Bass! What better place to go with gas prices topping $3.20 a gallon then back to the I-80 ponds. When we got there it was approaching 95 degrees so we ditched the waders and floated our tubes in swimsuits. The fishing started off well with me landing a few small bass, but we were in search of one that would take a liking to what JJ was throwing. I have a small spot on the pond where I have caught at least a couple bass from every time I go to the I-80 ponds. So we headed there and this is where JJ landed his first ever Largemouth Bass. It wasn't a monster but he was on the board! Shortly after he landed another small bass and was now a part of the bass fishing world. I caught quite a few but never landed any big ones. JJ only caught a few but got some good practice on some of the best techniques to land bass. It was a good time on the water and we even got a bonus when on the way home we ran into a den full of baby fox's. What more can you ask for from a day on the water.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your.....Crazy.

For real, this is a damn cool site nice work! I will send you the ice fishing logs for 04 and 05 to add.

-Hunt