Friday, June 8, 2007

I Guess It Can Get Better!

Moon Phase:
Fishing Time: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 p.m.
Weather: sunny, clear, 90's


The I-80 Pond was calling my name again with the beauty I pulled out last round so I headed back for some more action! The story was almost the same except a little bit better! I got there early and immediately started catching bass. They were all in the small to medium range but the white fluke minnow was still on fire! Some guys showed up throwing weightless senkos and began to tell me that its the only thing to throw around here to catch bass. I laughed all the way down the shoreline as I was catching 5 to 1 the bass that they were. They noticed but I think their pride got in the way of them switching up! I was catching a bunch of bass in this size range when the unexpected happened! I caught a bass that felt like every other bass I had caught. I got it right up to my float tube and it surfaced! This was no small bass and once he saw me he started acting like the size he was. He took off and started peeling off line. He went left then right and I fought him all the way back to my tube and he took off again, only this time he went straight down beneath me into the thickest weeds you could ever imagine! Once he went under my rod lost all action and I was stuck right to the floor straight beneath me. My pole was doubled over to where it felt like my pole might snap! I have read about big bass diving into the weeds to get away and that they are usually successful. I sat there for what seemed like hours but was probably a couple minutes. The only thing going through my mind was how the story of losing this monster bass was going to go! I kept tight pressure on my pole knowing in my mind that the fish was probably long gone and I was left stuck with a snag that wouldn't come lose when all of the sudden I felt a wiggle! I pulled as hard as I could and Suddenly the bass came lose and I got him to my tube as fast as I could! I was able to lip him and now the story sounds a lot better, with pictures to add to it! He was a monster coming in at 19 inches and 3 pounds! He was a football! I am now completely addicted to the I-80 Pond!








No comments: